Everyone should have this chili recipe in their collection because it’s basic chili! It is healthy, easy to make, and travels well. You can also use this recipe to make a taco salad. Pour over mixed greens with your favorite toppings.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ c onion, chopped or grated
- ½ c celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c green pepper, chopped
- 1 can kidney beans or black beans
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 8 oz can organic crushed tomatoes
- 1 -1½ lb ground bison, grass-fed beef, or ground turk
- In a large skillet melt oil and sauté onions, celery, garlic, and peppers until onion is translucent, 3-4 minutes.
- Add ground meat, oregano, chili powder, and cumin, continue cooking, stirring frequently, for 5-6 minutes.
- Pour salt, tomatoes, and salsa, if desired, into pot.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for a minimum of 1 hour for best flavor.